If you just wanted to be like other average men, you probably wouldn’t be reading this website.
In fact, your loathing and/or fear of mediocrity, combined with your ambition to be faster, stronger, and smarter than mere mortals, are all part of what keep you reading men’s magazines and websites like this one.
Be that all as it may, however, the possibility still exists that you may be — dare I say it — average. Or — even worse! — less than average.
The only way to truly find out is to put yourself to the test. The following is a list of traits, compiled from a variety of data sources (including the U.S. Census Bureau), that list some known averages for average men:
age: 34 years old, weight: 175lbs and height: 5’9 1/2. Letâ€™s see how you measure up!
The Average Guy Canâ€¦
- Do 27 push-ups in one minute
- Run 1.5 miles in 12:51
- Complete 36 sit-ups in one minute
- Bench Press 158 pounds one time
- Throw a football 50 yards
The Average Guy Alsoâ€¦
- Has sex 1.5 times per week (79 times per year) and lasts 14 minutes
- Has an erect penis length between 5.5 and 6.2 inches
- Enjoys a total of 12.4 sex partners in his lifetime
- Earns around $36,100 per year
- Is married with two children and has $3,100 in the bank
- Has a 13-inch flexed bicep
The Average Guy Consumesâ€¦
- 3.3 cups of coffee a day
- 1.2 alcoholic drinks a day
- 26 pounds of beef per year
- 16 pounds of cheese per year
- 19 pizza pies per year
Whereabouts on the Average Men scale did you end up falling? My guess is that you’re probably above-average on most, if not all, of the above referenced listings, because, on average, men who read fitness websites and magazines are more fit than men who do not.