As any woman or man that has attempted dieting can tell you, there are some good days and some not so good days.
One term that is oftentimes associated in this pursuit is yo-yo dieting, which simply means you take a few pounds off here and there, only to turn around and put the weight back on. For many individuals, it can be the final nail in the coffin that dooms their dieting efforts.
So, what is the best way to go about dieting so that you will not only avoid those frustrating times, but also lose the weight and not severely impact your health?
Among the areas to zero in on:
1. Stay away from the quick fix – For too many dieters, there is the desire to try fad diets in order to drop the pounds. The problem with this approach is that you will find yourself being hungry more often than not, along with the fact that you are not doing anything positive for your health. Before you know it, you are trying to compensate for a bad dietary approach, meaning you are likely tired, not getting the proper amount of daily nutrients, and snacking to feed the feeling of hunger. Any diet you undertake should have a long-term fix, not one in several days or weeks.
2. Set attainable goals – As many who have tried dieting can tell you, setting a weight loss goal has potential for disaster. If you do not reach that goal in the allotted time you set, there can be disappointment, along with the feeling of it being time to give up the diet. In order to avoid this problem, put in place reasonable weight loss goals. If your goal is to lose forty pounds over a period of two months, go about it so that you set a few pounds to drop each week, not everything within a week or two. Remember, while being overweight is not good for a variety of reasons, your health can also be adversely impacted by losing too much weight at once. When you set reasonable goals, not only are you not harming your health, but you are more likely to meet those benchmarks and continue on your diet.
3. Avoid the need to feed – Two of the biggest setbacks one can take when trying to diet is going to the store when hungry and eating when they are emotionally challenged. Let’s face it, both those situations happen more times than not, leading to a feeling of defeat when one steps on the scale. It is important when going to the grocery store to not go with a large appetite, thereby filling up the cart and leaving with not only a ton of food, but a major bill. Secondly, don’t go running for the fridge or pantry when you are feeling down. Many people end up turning to food to quell their emotional angst, only to see the pounds end up on the scale.
Avoid Excuses Not to Exercise
4. Are you driven to exercise? – Part of your dieting regimen should include regular exercise. But what happens when you feel too tired to exercise or too busy to get a workout in? In more cases than not, you will skip the exercise, meaning those calories go nowhere anytime fast. Given the importance of exercise in your dieting plan, make sure you set a reasonable exercise schedule, one that also involves fun. For too many individuals, their exercise plans turn into what seems like work, meaning they quickly lose interest or energy.
5. Find an exercise partner – Except for those who work out very regularly, many people find exercising to be challenging for a number of reasons, as earlier mentioned. One way to curb this problem is by exercising with a partner or in a group setting. If you are exercising alone in a gym, at home, or in an outside setting, it can be easy to become bored rather quickly. When there are others involved, not only is the exercising more enjoyable, but you can compare your dieting efforts, along with exchanging diet tips to support each other.
6. Eat smaller meals – Along with hopefully cutting down on your heartburn, eating an extra meal or two a day is not the worst thing in the world. Many people were raised with the notion that you eat three meals a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As a result, many individuals try to get as food as possible into their stomachs during those three meals. A better step would be to eat four to five meals a day, but meals that focus on smaller and healthier portions. By doing this, the individual avoids overloading themselves at one of the three traditional meals of the day.
7. Snack with healthier choices – Eliminating snacking from your diet is oftentimes all but impossible. Whether it is during the workday or while relaxing at home, many individuals love their snacks. As a result, those calories are hard to shed. One way to keep the weight coming off and still getting your snacks in is by eating healthier snacks. Instead of going for the bag of chips or the big bowl of popcorn, try things like nuts, apple slices, yogurt, and bananas, to name a few.
Record Your Eating Habits
8. Chronicle what you eat – It can be real easy to forget what you had for breakfast this morning, let alone a week ago. When you start a serious dieting campaign, make a little journal up so that you can record what you ate each day, what your calorie intake was, whether or not you exercised that day, and how you felt after eating and dieting. Over a period of a few weeks, you should be able to see some trends emerge, trends that will assist you in your overall dieting plans.
9. No last-minute diet goals – As mentioned in Tip #2, any dieting goals you set for yourself need to be attainable. That means trying to lose ten pounds a week before your high school reunion or wearing that new bikini to the beach is not going to cut it. Plan out your weight loss goals with enough time in advance that you will more than likely not be disappointed by the results. Another reason this is an important factor is you do not want to drop too much too quickly, thereby potentially doing harm to your body.
10. Treat yourself to happiness on occasion – While dieting is your main focus, it does not mean you can’t have a treat now and then in the form of some candy, a milkshake, etc. If you become too obsessed with the dieting regimen, it will either consume you to an unhealthy point, or you will end up quitting it sooner rather than later.
11. Don’t throw in the towel after one try – Some folks try dieting one time, find it unsuccessful, and never go back to it. If you try dieting and you do not get the results you were looking for, don’t be afraid to try it again down the road. Maybe the timing was not right the first time around, so take a break, then give it a try again. Dieting is not and was never meant to be easy.
At the end of the day, do you have the strength and stamina to put the yo-yo away?
About the author: With 23 years of experience as a writer, Dave Thomas covers a wide array of topics from choosing car insurance to locating the right health insurance plan.
Dog Training Tips – What You Need to Know
While kids everywhere else in the world (especially in Finland!) relax and probably enjoy their studies, the kids in India aren’t so lucky.
Everyone else already has a laptop and is well-versed with it, and yet our children continue to do things the old-fashioned way.
It’s typical of this country to lag behind in a number of departments but it’s sacrilege when it comes to hampering the future of our nation. To be honest, this has been my biggest gripe for a while now, thanks to being able to see the difference the way different education systems work.
At least, they don’t hit children anymore because this generation of kids are more than happy to stand up to their adults and rebel verbally and violently.
Speaking of disciplinary action such as this, why should we use it especially since most dog trainers have moved away from training dogs this way as well. There are certain cases, like training dogs in a city, that can make things more difficult. However, a few simple tips can help one navigate these sometimes troublesome waters.
A Few Thoughts on Dog Training
You might say that humans and animals are different but it begs the question: Is cruelty necessary?
It isn’t, truly. But that’s how dogs have been trained in the past.
The general attitude towards teaching obedience training has been harsh, to say the least. Whether it is a beating or even shock collars to keep them in check, one wonders if it is fair since we wouldn’t be allowed to treat humans that way too.
So, it is not with love and affection that the poor canines were trained but by subjugation and inculcating behaviors that were forced due to the “fear of punishment”.
Thankfully, common sense prevailed and a method known as ‘positive reinforcement’ has changed the way dog training is done now.
In other words, instead of punishing them for bad behavior, we reward them for good behavior instead.
What does happen is that when they are rewarded, they tend to do what pleases the ‘master’ if only for a few more treats.
It is how school children should be treated as well when learning manners too. One should refrain from criticizing their children but encouraging them for their achievements, however minimal.
That said, here are a few dog training tips that one can use even if the services of a dog trainer isn’t required at all.
Dog Training Tips – The Basics
The most popular commands that are taught are sit, down, heel, recall, stay and close where the right behavior is rewarded and the wrong is ignored.
While these commands are necessary, there are others that can cause problems with friends and family, and so here are a few situations that a dog must be trained for:
#1: Not to Bite
When they have the urge to bite, tug at their leash so as to divert their attention to something else that interests him or her.
#2: Fetch an object
Throw a tennis ball and walk away so that the dog gets it back for you. Then you can teach it to fetch other objects such as the newspaper too as it understand the meaning of this command.
#3: Not to bark at visitors
Since this can be scary for visitor, train them to “sit” as soon as the doorbell rings.
#4: Crate training puppies
Using a kennel crate works best as they are more likely to pee or poop when they are asleep.
So, are there any other dog training tips that you would like to add to this list? Feel free to add them in the comments section below.
Also, here is an article on the best dog foods.
What You Need for the Perfect Gym Storage Solution
If you operate your own professional gym or are looking to create a home setup, it’s crucial that you carefully consider your storage solutions. A tidy gym is without doubt a happy environment for people to work out in!
Good storage will help protect equipment from scratches and other damage, make it easy to find where equipment has been left, and prevent hazards such as trips.
It can also help the gym to feel more of a clean and organised environment that can keep members motivated while working out, which typically leads to a higher retention rate.
When it comes to gym storage, there are not many companies around that share the same expert knowledge as PowerGym Fitness. PowerGym is a supplier of commercial gym equipment, from weights and barbells to high-end strength training machines, with clients throughout the world.
They are also experienced in providing gyms with advice and support for installing the perfect setup.
PowerGym Fitness have provided us with some pointers on how you can create the perfect gym storage solution for your commercial facility or home setup.
The type of storage you will require can depend on the type of equipment that your gym provides. For example, some gyms may specialize in cardio equipment as opposed to strength training, or vice versa. That said, most gyms will typically include dumbbells.
Dumbbells are a popular form of free weights that can help users to build muscle mass. Dumbbell racks are one of the best ways that you can keep your gym tidy and free of hazards.
Without a rack, there would be no designated place for members to collect and return a dumbbell. Dumbbells left on the floor can cause damage and can be hazardous for other members when walking around the gym space.
These racks are designed to securely hold a certain amount of dumbbells when they are not in use. All round, it adds a safer and more organised structure to your environment and increases the longevity of the dumbbells.
Weight Plates Holders
As with dumbbells, most gyms typically include some type of weight plates. Tri grip and bumper weight plates are two examples that are available for purchase at PowerGym Fitness.
The plates can be attached to a barbell which can be used for effective and flexible weightlifting routines. One type of weight plate holder includes a storage tree.
This provides the option of a simple vertical holder where the plates can just slide on to a storage horn. Another option is a wall weight plate storage, allowing easy access to plates from a wall position – plus, it saves up space and improves the aesthetic design of your gym!
Gym mats are essential for exercises that require closer physical contact with the floor. This can include press-up exercises as well as Yoga, Pilates and studio workouts. Mats provide an extra level of comfort so that you don’t encounter discomfort when encountering the floor.
Mats can be used by a lot of people each day, so naturally there’s a lot of wear and tear. Mats that aren’t stored properly can lead to greater damage which will result in you needing to replace the mats sooner than should be required. With a mat hanger, when the mats are not in use, they can be stored safely to prevent unnecessary damage.
Whether you use a barbell freely or with a weight plate attached, it’s important that you store the bar appropriately when it’s not in use. Bars can be very heavy which can lead to floor damage and potentially serious injury if it drops to the floor or is left unsecured.
Like with weight plates, there are options for horizontal and vertical storage. These storage products can either be attached to the wall or the floor. They provide an organised and safe place for barbells to rest when not in use.
Cable Attachment Racks
Cable attachments are additional products that can help athletes take their strength training to the next level with varied workouts. With several types of attachments available, from revolving bars to handles and ropes, they expand the options that are available on a cable machine.
Most of these attachments are quite small, so it can be easy for them to become lost or get muddled in with other pieces of equipment. A cable attachment rack is a great way to store the attachments so that gym members can easily see where the attachments they require are placed.
Power Rack Storage Horns
Power racks are fantastic pieces of equipment to have in your gym. They are premium products that often act as the centerpiece of the gym. Power racks provide a safe space to perform a wide range of exercises, with freedom of choice left to the user.
Alongside the power rack, it’s widely recommended that you get storage horns that will seamlessly attach to the power rack. These horns can then be used as a storage option for weight plates. It will allow you to free up space around the gym and provides users with a quick and easy way to access the plates they need.
The storage options that we have talked about so far clearly relate to products that have been specifically designed for certain gym equipment. To improve the tidiness, safety and structure of your facility event further, you can get a storage cage that will hold the rest of your smaller items.
This can include things such as medicine balls and bags, as well as boxing equipment. The cage can usually be locked for added security and with lockable wheels, it’s easy to transport the equipment from place to place.
Top Five Supplement Reviews To Check Out
In this modern world, we are so used to having a lot of “instant”. Most of us are not used to the long and arduous processes, even though we think we do. You may have noticed the impatience of most people especially when it comes to services. They want to have what they want right now, and this is why most companies adapt to the situation.
You can see it in their products and services; they want to deliver it fast enough to save more time. The same reason applies to humans who want them all as soon as they can. Even the food industry has to go with this notion, but this has also led to a new trend: obesity.
This may not be a problem in most countries. In the West though, it is considered a major health issue. There has been an increase in the overall weight of the US population for example; at least 40% of the people over 20 are overweight as this article reveals.
It has been such a serious problem due to the prevalence of fast-food chains. There is nothing wrong with consuming them, but many depend on them for their daily diet. With all of its sugars and salt, it can be quite detrimental to your health in the long run.
New Horizons in Medicine
Fortunately, there have been advances in the field of medicine as well. Weight loss has become way different compared to the way it was in the previous century. People did not know anything about it. There was a time when fat is considered as the devil’s advocate of being overweight, and sugar was thought to be the healthier option. Even though this has already changed in recent times, there is still a prevalence of this kind of thought in many circles. If you want to lose weight, you need to read and learn more about the proper way of doing it.
There might be a lot of factors that can contribute to this goal but we are just going to narrow it down to three: diet, exercise, and genetics. There is nothing that we can do with the last one though since this is already in our system. Some people might be lucky enough that they do not need to control their diet or even exercise. Their bodies have already reached their full potential, so all they need to do is to maintain it.
Unfortunately, others are not that lucky. It is either they need to have a rigorous diet plan, more exercise, or both. It is a lot of effort to lose the mass, but it can be worth it in the end. You may visit Supplement Smarts website and other similar sites to learn more info regarding this.
If you are experiencing difficulties or you want to have the results faster, then you might need to take a supplement for that. There are many options in the market these days, so choosing just one can be quite confusing. You also need to understand that not all of these supplements may work for you. Below are some of the best substances that can certainly help you with weight loss.
Options for Cutting Those Flabs
Everyone knows what this is; it is just the main ingredient in the most popular beverage in the world besides water. Aside from being the universal pick-me-up in the mornings, it has also been found that caffeine can assist in weight loss.
It speeds up metabolism moderately, which also helps in the faster absorption of calorie intake and fat burning process. However, you do need to take it in conjunction with other substances for it to take on full effects. You also need to be careful as it can still cause dependence.
Green tea Extract
Another common beverage that has some medicinal properties, green tea has been around for ages. It has its origins in China, but the rest of the world is already enjoying it. However, green tea is the fresher version and it has little to no added processing in its consumption.
It is rich in antioxidants, as well as having the ability to burn fat. It is more focused on the stomach area though, where most of our extra fat goes anyway. If you want to reduce your waistline, then having this a part of your daily supplement may help with that. Check this link https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269538 to know more.
Garcinia cambogia Extract
This might seem to be unfamiliar to most people, but it has been gaining some popularity in the previous decade due to its mainstream exposure. It is a green fruit with pale flesh, and it is native to Indonesia although other countries have started cultivating it as well.
Garcinia cambogia contains hydroxycitric acid, also known as citric acid lyase. This is said to help in losing weight by also removing excess fat from the body. There are still ongoing studies about this as there is unclear evidence of how it works. However, it is safe to consume as long as you control your dose.
This is another form of supplement, but this time it is a combination of other substances including caffeine, wild mint extract, and cumin extract among others. It was developed by MuscleTech Research and Development, and it aims to help you lose those extra pounds.
It has been rather popular for the first ten years of its existence due to these various extracts. Even though it is under one name, there are many kinds of it available in the market. Some of them even exclude some ingredients like caffeine for those who have adverse effects from taking them.
Lastly, this is a diet supplement made from a root vegetable called konjac or elephant yam. It is full of fiber amongst other nutrients, which make them great for controlling your eating habits. Once you eat or drink a supplement, it will make you feel full because of all the fiber.
It will also help with digestion and excretion of wastes in your stomach. However, you will need to drink a lot of water when using this as it can promote too much hydration loss. You will also need to check on your doctor if you can use this safely and follow the dosage always.
Dog Training Tips – What You Need to Know
What You Need for the Perfect Gym Storage Solution
Top Five Supplement Reviews To Check Out
Dianabol for Sale – What You Need to Know
Everything You Need For A Home Gym Fitness
- Company8 years ago
- Articles4 years ago
30 Sexiest Things to Say to Your Girlfriend
- Articles6 years ago
4 Reasons Why She Doesn’t Call You Back
- Articles6 years ago
Simple Technique to Give Her a Mind-Blowing Orgasm AND Last Longer Too
- Articles7 years ago
10 Tips on How to Last Longer in Bed
- Company7 years ago
- Fitness Gear4 years ago
Best Wrist Wraps for Strength & Support
- Articles4 years ago
Peanut Nutrition – Pros Vs. Cons